Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

September 02, 2013

Best of 2013


The promo page at Amazon for the JAM Best of 2013 CD is up, though there’s no date for the actual release.

the four shows included this time feature

Paul Merton, Graham Norton, Sue Perkins and Jason Manford
Paul, Graham, Pam Ayres and Kevin Eldon
Paul, Gyles Brandreth, Richard Herring and Russell Kane
Paul, Richard, Julian Clary and Jenny Eclair

as has been the case for the past few years, despite the title of the CD,  shows from the second half of the year aren’t included.

No signs of a new JAM classic edition.

But I am wondering if part of the reason the BBC is recording a Christmas JAM edition in early September is that it plans to package up some of the Christmas themed JAMs in a CD for Christmas with this latest show. There were Christmas JAMs in 1970, 1975, 1985 and 1994, and it would certainly be a fun Christmas present!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Andrew Cooper said...

Hi! We have tickets for the recording of the Christmas special tomorrow but I saw a blog post where someone mentioned being unable to get into a recording after queuing for an hour because some people had joined the queue at noon! We have a long and expensive journey to London and can't risk turning up and not being able to get in but I can't find any info on how early we'd have to join the queue to be reasonably sure of seats. If anyone sees this I'd be grateful for any advice! Cheers Andrew (@andrewzcooper on Twitter)

6:51 pm  
Blogger Dean said...

sorry, this is something I have no experience of.

9:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dean,
To your blogger Andrew I can only say that the BBC Ticket Unit have started a 'reserve list' of standby tickets for those who might be lucky to get seats if audience members or 'guests' don't show up. They want as full a house as they can get.
Tomorrow I will be outside the Radio Theatre with a big birthday card getting as many of the audience to sign it as possible. It will be presented to Nicholas backstage with a bottle of champers for him and the panel and the production team to enjoy after the recording. I had a chat with Katie on the phone and although it was a very bad phone line I thought I heard her say there will be a special round. Looking forward to it. I will write again on Saturday.
Lots of love Keith X
PS. I will be going to see Sheila in the new comedy play ' Barking in Essex' for my birthday. As she is in the latter stages of rehearsal at the moment and working with that brilliant but exhausting comic Lee Evans, I doubt if she will be in the JAM Xmas special. X

4:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home